Friday, December 19, 2008

Fat Sonia


Fat Sonia


Sonia was a fat girl whom everyone made fun off, how she dressed, how she walked, how she ran….


I don’t know how she got me hard but the possibility she could be the one made me gentler in my approach to her. I stopped laughing at her and actually began to be somewhat defensive when the guys started taunting her, which of course turned the laughter onto me.


“Hey Kolya”, they’d taunt, “Your girl friend is looking for you!” as their smirking and hooting began to make me feel embarrassed and mad at them.


“Fuck you!” I’d spit out defensively to get away from their insults, which I’m certain Sonia was seeing too.


One day, after the usual name calling I was getting from my so-called friends, I turned the corner on Avenue A and there was Sonia standing in a doorway of a building and looking at me; I knew it wasn’t her home -- she lived a few more blocks by the river -- and I turned red from seeing her.


“What’s your game, mister?” she said, frowning at me. “Why are you so nice?”


I suppose after all these weeks I answered, “I don’t know, I guess I like you.” And again I blushed and felt very uncomfortable.


Her glaring face lightened and she faintly smiled at me. And for a moment we liked each other and I smiled back…when I saw her eyes look over my head and again she frowned.


“Idiot jerk!” she spat out. “Get away from me! Stop following me!”


I heard laughter and spun around to see a few of my old friends laughing.


“Hey, Kolya, you like fatsos, don’t you?” they’d laugh. “Let’s see if she can lay down next to you? Hell, she can’t even stand up!”


But by then Sonia had stormed off as the laughter echoed after her but I wonder if for a moment before they appeared Sonia wouldn’t take a chance and get friendly with me…aw, hell I’ll never know….



###

No comments: